Wednesday, July 27, 2005

For the first time


For the first time in all my jungle trekking experience, I have never met or come across any wildlife animals except birds and creepy crawlies. Well, today I decided to bring Piper for a session since it's been a while since she last visited Bukit Gasing with other Puppy.com members.

And there we are, just me and her entering the jungle, climbing hills, rest, climb again....the sort of things you do when you go jungle trekking. I was afraid that I might get lost in the jungle since this is the first time I went in alone. Luckily, I managed to maneuver out of it.

Well, on the way out at the entrance/exit, I heard this sound. Sounds like baby animals screeching and I started looking for it. Saw a baby Civet Cat perching on a slope. I was like WTH??? For the first time ever, I managed to come face to face with a wild animal. Piper didn't notice at first and when I started coaxing the baby civet to come to me, Piper noticed and climbed the slope. At first, there was nothing wrong between them and yet suddenly, the baby civet decided to bite Piper and both ended up in some dog vs cat fight. Obviously Piper got the upperhand since she's bigger and heavier.

Seperated both of them and yet Piper still wants to get a piece of that civet since the civet started it from a mere sniffing of here and there. That civet climbed up a half cut palm tree and was hiding there and Piper who was determined to really get hold of it climbed up the palm tree! Never did I ever heard that a dog climbed tree. I'm not just gonna stand there and watch what's unfolding infront of me. So I grab Piper by her neck and that civet managed to jumped down to the other side of the fence and into a house's compound.

What a day~ I could've swear that I don't know what animal is it if not thanks to National Geography, Animal Planet and Discovery Channel. ;-p

3 Comments:

Blogger Obsius said...

cheh.. and i thought that photo in ur blog was the ACTUAL cat u saw :P

5:55 PM  
Blogger Cyth said...

Bro,
I tried to snap it using my camera phone, but Piper got all crazy wanting to get hold of it, i had to hold piper while tht fella jumped over the fence from the palm tree.

6:09 PM  
Blogger Obsius said...

so desu ne...
takpe takpe... substitute photo-double will do for now :P

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Bloggers' Links